Upcoming Recruitment Activities for Bike Patrollers
The date and location for Bike Patrol Tryouts is currently pending. Please watch our page for details.
Please watch these important NSP videos if you are considering joining our bike patrol. While these videos are focused on skiing, it will give you a since of what we are about:
JOIN OUR BIKE PATROL!!
Tryout Day and location is pending, but will likely be in Government Camp, Oregon. Watch our page for details.
MHSP Building at 7:45AM (free parking)
88153 Government Camp Loop
Government Camp, OR 97028
For more information, please contact our Bike Patrol APC at email or 503.805.3395
- Review the General Requirements and Commitments
- Let us know you are coming
- Complete, print and bring your COMPLETED application with you to tryouts.
- Plan indoor and outdoor clothing and equipment to complete panel interview and an on-hill bike test.
- Arrive at the Government Camp Building by 7:30AM
If you tryout and we offer you an apprentice spot, you will be committing to completing the following training and certification program:
- New Apprentice Orientation Night (By Invitation Only)
Date TBD, Prov St. Vincent's Medical Center Portland, 7:00PM-9:00PM (may be conducted as a video conference)
Requirements and Commitments
- On-Hill Orientation at Timberline (By Invitation Only)
Timberline Lodge. Date TBD, 7:30AM-2:30PM
- On-Hill Training Series (By Invitation Only)
All training will be completed on intermediate and advanced trails in all conditions at Skibowl or Timberline Bike Park.
June 2020 - September 2020 (Saturdays or Sundays)
- Outdoor Emergency Care Class (By Invitation Only)
Sept 2020 - Jan 2021 every Tuesday, Portland, 6:30-9:30PM
Special Information for Medical Practitioners
Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all dates and formats (i.e., video conferencing) are subject to change. Please check this website frequently for more details.